Parish Board of Education
“Train up a child in the way he should go. And when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6.
Mission Statement: To provide a Christian foundation for the spiritual, moral, educational, financial, and physical growth of Shadow of the Cross Lutheran Church.
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod believes education should address the whole person — body, mind, and spirit — beginning in early childhood, and it never really ends. Shadow of the Cross established a Parish Board of Education to manage this vital area of its members’ lives.
Christian education here at Shadow of the Cross focuses on two main aspects: Elementary education in the form of the joint venture with Concordia Lutheran School, and parish education, which includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Youth Group, and Bible classes for all ages.
The board has the following responsibilities:
- Fostering spiritual growth in the life of the individual Christian
- Strengthening the Christian home and help equip parents, children, and young people for Christian family living
- Providing learning opportunities for all age levels: preschool, school-age, youth, adults, and seniors
- Providing leadership education for teachers, officers, and workers
- Bringing to the attention of the Voters' Assembly the needs of facilities and equipment for all educational groups
- Seeing that all phases of Christian education are properly financed
- Reviewing and appraising all education, and planning for improvement on the basis of such regular appraisals